Want to start your life of freedom as a digital nomad in Thailand? Thailand has become the new paradise for digital nomads from all over the world for many reasons.
On this page you’ll find out what you need to do to become a digital nomad in Thailand, the popular digital nomad locations, how to get your a legal work visa and permit, and other essential information for the digital life in Thailand.
And don’t forget to check out Thailand Starter Kit, the complete guide to helping you stay in Thailand long-term while saving thousands of dollars every year.
Recommended Articles for Retirees in Thailand
- How to Ditch the Desk at 53 and Retire in Thailand - Pat and I chose to escape the daily grind and retire early while we had our health, energy, and sense of adventure. Pat had worked much of his career in… ...
- Health Insurance in Thailand: What You Need to Know as an Expat - When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok, a common question I got by email was: “Hey Karsten, what health insurance are you using?” If that’s all you… ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment - Sooner or later you're going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you'll come down with the flu. Maybe you'll have an accident. Or, maybe you'll need a… ...
- Bangkok Health Checkups: Costs, Packages, and Hospitals - Do you get unexplained, frequent headaches? Does your lower back hurt all the time? Is it hard for you to fall asleep at night? These are questions you and many… ...
- How to Write and File Your Last Will and Testament in Thailand - When I was younger, I thought I was invincible. I didn’t need to worry about all those things like Wills or Living Wills. I had plenty of time. But, after… ...
- Shipping to Thailand: Services, Costs, and Customs - Shipping a letter or package to Thailand? Moving to Thailand and need to send all your belongings here? You’re probably worried about whether your items will make it to Thailand… ...
- A Beginner’s Guide to Learning Thai Language in Bangkok - Learning Thai should be fun. Take the guesswork out of finding a teacher with this in-depth guide to learning Thai in Bangkok. ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Renting an Apartment in Bangkok - Before I first moved to Bangkok, I looked up some places online. It didn’t take me long to come across an apartment that looked absolutely stunning. It seemed a lot… ...
- How to Send Money to Thailand: The Fast, Cheap, Reliable Way - Sending money to Thailand can be a tricky matter. Between international transfer fees and hidden fees in exchange rates, you face a lot of pitfalls when transferring money from abroad… ...
- A Guide to Prepare a Trip and Spend Your Vacation in Thailand - When I went to Texas almost ten years ago, the people I met loved to ask the same question when they found out I was Thai: "Do Thai people still… ...
Get Exclusive Retirees Content
Get exclusive content that can’t be found on the website by becoming one of our supporters. With this content, you’ll discover insider strategies for expats, such as effective ways to get a job, negotiate rent, decrease medical expenses, and much more.
In addition to content, you’ll get..
- access to our 700+ member private Facebook group
- personal responses to your email questions
- monthly newsletters with Thailand deals and discounts
- and every ebook we publish
Your support helps us create more FREE guides on living, working, retiring, and starting businesses in Thailand.
Latest Articles for Retirees in Thailand
- The Thai Legal System: A Primer for Expats and Tourists
- Opening a Thai Bank Account: A Guide for Expats and Tourists
- TransferWise Borderless Account: the In-Depth Review
- How to Get a Thai Driving License: Documents, Tests, and Renewals
- Moving to Thailand With a Dog or Cat: A Quick Guide
- The Complete Guide to Buying a New or Used Car in Thailand
- Moving To Thailand: A Guide for Expats to Live Here
- An In-Depth Guide to Thailand Visas: Applications, Requirements, and Extensions
- XendPay Review: How to Send Money to Thailand for “Free”
- Vaccinations in Thailand: A Guide for Tourists and Expats
If you want to read more than just our tourist articles, you can find our full list of guides on this page.