Want to start your life of freedom as a digital nomad in Thailand? Thailand has become the new paradise for digital nomads from all over the world for many reasons.
On this page you’ll find out what you need to do to become a digital nomad in Thailand, the popular digital nomad locations, how to get your a legal work visa and permit, and other essential information for the digital life in Thailand.
And don’t forget to check out Thailand Starter Kit, the complete guide to helping you stay in Thailand long-term while saving thousands of dollars every year.
An international insurance company providing full health coverage and the option of lifetime renewal if you apply before the age of sixty.
Get your health checkup done in a top-tier hospital in Thailand.
Have your teeth taken care by professionals.
- Moving Quotes
Fill out the form to get quotes from international moving companies.
- Real Estate Agents
Get in touch with a real estate agent we feel comfortable recommending.
A great tool to study Thai Online. It includes step-by-step videos and podcasts that help you quickly speak and understand Thai.
Click here to see a complete list of all services you need as an expat in Thailand.
Recommended Articles for Retirees in Thailand
- How to Ditch the Desk at 53 and Retire in Thailand - Pat and I chose to escape the daily grind and retire early while we had our health, energy, and sense of adventure. Pat had worked much of his career in… ...
- Health Insurance in Thailand: What You Need to Know as an Expat in 2023 - Your most-likely reason for getting health insurance in Thailand is that you want to safeguard yourself against costly medical care. I know that’s why I have it. Previously, I had… ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment - Sooner or later you’re going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you’ll come down with the flu. Maybe you’ll have an accident. Or, maybe you’ll need a… ...
- Bangkok Health Checkups: Costs, Packages, and Hospitals - Do you get unexplained, frequent headaches? Does your lower back hurt all the time? Is it hard for you to fall asleep at night? These are questions you and many… ...
- How to Write and File Your Last Will and Testament in Thailand - When I was younger, I thought I was invincible. I didn’t need to worry about all those things like Wills or Living Wills. I had plenty of time. But, after… ...
- Shipping to Thailand: Services, Costs, and Customs - Shipping a letter or package to Thailand? Moving to Thailand and need to send all your belongings here? You’re probably worried about whether your items will make it to Thailand… ...
- The Complete Guide to Learning Thai Language for Beginners - When it comes to learning Thai language in Bangkok, you have quite a few options. You can go to a physical school if you have the free time. At a… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Renting an Apartment in Bangkok - Before I first moved to Bangkok, I looked up some places online. It didn’t take me long to come across an apartment that looked absolutely stunning. It seemed a lot… ...
- How to Send Money from and to Thailand: The Fast, Cheap, Reliable Way - Sending money to Thailand can be a tricky matter. Between international transfer fees and hidden fees in exchange rates, you face a lot of challenges when transferring money from abroad… ...
- A Guide to Prepare a Trip and Spend Your Vacation in Thailand - When I went to Texas almost ten years ago, the people I met loved to ask the same question when they found out I was Thai: "Do Thai people still… ...
Get Exclusive Retirees Content
Get exclusive content that can’t be found on the website by becoming one of our supporters. With this content, you’ll discover insider strategies for expats, such as effective ways to get a job, negotiate rent, decrease medical expenses, and much more.
In addition to content, you’ll get..
- access to our 700+ member private Facebook group
- personal responses to your email questions
- monthly newsletters with Thailand deals and discounts
- and every ebook we publish
Your support helps us create more FREE guides on living, working, retiring, and starting businesses in Thailand.
Latest Articles for Retirees in Thailand
- Moving To Thailand: A Guide for Expats to Live Here
- Thai Credit Cards for Foreigners: Requirements and Benefits
- Thai Marriage Visas: Apply for and Renew Your One-Year Visa
- Opening a Thai Bank Account: A Guide for Expats and Tourists
- How to Get a Thai Driving License: Documents, Tests, and Renewals
- Non-Immigrant Visas to Thailand: an In-Depth Guide
- Transportation in Bangkok: A Guide to Taxis, Buses, Trains, and Mobile Apps
- The Complete Guide to Buying a Car in Thailand
- Thai SIM Cards: Plans, Data, Price, and Registration
- Bangkok Veterinarians: Hospitals, Services, and Costs
If you want to read more than just our tourist articles, you can find our full list of guides on this page.