If you live in Thailand or are planning to make Thailand your home, you should start here. On this page you’ll find a list of must-read articles and must-have services for Thailand expats.
The articles and services below will help you with applying for visas, finding work, moving, learning Thai, getting health insurance, and much more.
And if that’s not enough, you can also check out Thailand Starter Kit, the complete guide to helping you stay in Thailand long-term while saving thousands of dollars every year.
Recommended Articles for Thailand Expats
- Health Insurance in Thailand: What You Need to Know as an Expat - When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok, a common question I got by email was: “Hey Karsten, what health insurance should I get” If that’s all you… ...
- Moving To Thailand: A Guide for Expats to Live Here - From a new job to a new relationship, there are things that could draw you to live in Thailand, the Land of Smiles. This article aims to show you all… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Renting an Apartment in Bangkok - Before I first moved to Bangkok, I looked up some places online. It didn’t take me long to come across an apartment that looked absolutely stunning. It seemed a lot… ...
- A Beginner’s Guide to Learning Thai Language in Bangkok - Learning Thai should be fun. Take the guesswork out of finding a teacher with this in-depth guide to learning Thai in Bangkok. ...
- Bangkok Cost of Living: How I Spend 80,658.52 Baht a Month (Update: January 2018) - So, you're thinking about making Thailand your home. It happens to all of us. We come here on vacation. We fall in love with the food and the people and… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Thailand Visas: Applications, Requirements, and Extensions - Foreigners visit Thailand for different reasons. Certain visits require a Thai Visa, while some don’t. If you intend to stay long-term, this in-depth guide contains a comprehensive guideline, a list… ...
- Shipping to Thailand: Services, Costs, and Customs - Shipping a letter or package to Thailand? Moving to Thailand and need to send all your belongings here? You’re probably worried about whether your items will make it to Thailand… ...
- An Expat’s Guide to Finding Work in Thailand - Is finding a job in Thailand easy or hard? This depends on who you ask or what you read. For some people, Thailand is where you come for vacation. But… ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment - Sooner or later you're going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you'll come down with the flu. Maybe you'll have an accident. Or, maybe you'll need a… ...
- The Thai Legal System: A Primer for Expats and Tourists - Many visitors and long-time residents of Thailand don't always terribly accurate picture of the legal system. Most of it is probably shaped by what tends to get reported in the media… ...
Get Exclusive Expat Content
Get exclusive content that can’t be found on the website by becoming one of our supporters. With this content, you’ll discover insider strategies for expats, such as effective ways to get a job, negotiate rent, decrease medical expenses, and much more.
In addition to content, you’ll get..
- access to our 700+ member private Facebook group
- personal responses to your email questions
- monthly newsletters with Thailand deals and discounts
- and every ebook we publish
Your support helps us create more FREE guides on living, working, retiring, and starting businesses in Thailand.
Latest Articles for Thailand Expats
- The Complete Guide to Buying a New or Used Car in Thailand
- Serviced Offices in Bangkok: Prices, Benefits, and Locations
- Personal Trainers in Bangkok: Gyms, Courses, and Prices
- Shipping From Thailand: Procedure, Costs, and Customs
- How to Send Money to Thailand: The Fast, Cheap, Reliable Way
- How to Write and File Your Last Will and Testament in Thailand
- Car Insurance in Thailand: A Complete Buying Guide
- Having a Baby in Thailand: A Step-by-Step Guide for Expecting Parents
- A Guide to Online Grocery Shopping in Bangkok
- Buying a Condo in Thailand: A Step by Step Guide
If you want to read more than just our tourist articles, you can find our full list of guides on this page.