Do you want to come to Thailand with your whole family? Or are you raising your children here? We have specific content created for your family, because we know–family is important, no matter where you live.
On this page, you’ll read about family-related articles, such as how to choose schools for your children, where to get good and affordable health care, which family activities you can do in Thailand, and much more.
Disclaimer: This article may link to products and services from one or more of Expat Den’s advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on those links. This won’t cost you anything extra, but it helps us cover the costs of running this website.
Recommended Articles for Families in Thailand
- Moving To Thailand: A Guide for Expats to Live Here - From a new job to a new relationship, there are things that could draw you to live in Thailand, the Land of Smiles. This article aims to show you all… ...
- Health Insurance in Thailand: What You Need to Know as an Expat - When I wrote about my cost of living in Bangkok, a common question I got by email was: “Hey Karsten, what health insurance are you using?” If that’s all you… ...
- Shipping to Thailand: Services, Costs, and Customs - Shipping a letter or package to Thailand? Moving to Thailand and need to send all your belongings here? You’re probably worried about whether your items will make it to Thailand… ...
- An In-Depth Guide to Renting an Apartment in Bangkok - Before I first moved to Bangkok, I looked up some places online. It didn’t take me long to come across an apartment that looked absolutely stunning. It seemed a lot… ...
- International Schools in Thailand: A Primer for Expat Parents - Of all the stresses that moving to a new country generates for families, finding a good school must surely rank as one of the biggest. For the kids, there’s all… ...
- The Complete Guide to Buying a New or Used Car in Thailand - The public transportation system is unreliable in most parts of Thailand. Having a car is necessary for many Thais and expats who live here. Sure Bangkok has the BTS and… ...
- Having a Baby in Thailand: A Step-by-Step Guide for Expecting Parents - What can you expect when having a baby in Thailand? This guide takes you on a step-by-step journey through the process. ...
- Thailand Hospitals: What to Do When You Need Medical Treatment - Sooner or later you're going to have to visit a hospital in Thailand. Maybe you'll come down with the flu. Maybe you'll have an accident. Or, maybe you'll need a… ...
- A Beginner’s Guide to Learning Thai Language in Bangkok - Learning Thai should be fun. Take the guesswork out of finding a teacher with this in-depth guide to learning Thai in Bangkok. ...
- Thai Marriage Visas: Apply for and Renew Your One-Year Visa - I stepped out onto the slushy streets of New York City. The wind ripped through my bones. Warm air billowed from my mouth like the steam twisting and rolling out… ...
Get Exclusive Families Content
Get exclusive content that can’t be found on the website by becoming one of our supporters. With this content, you’ll discover insider strategies for expats, such as effective ways to get a job, negotiate rent, decrease medical expenses, and much more.
In addition to content, you’ll get..
- access to our 700+ member private Facebook group
- personal responses to your email questions
- monthly newsletters with Thailand deals and discounts
- and every ebook we publish
Your support helps us create more FREE guides on living, working, retiring, and starting businesses in Thailand.
Latest Articles for Families in Thailand
- XendPay Review: How to Send Money to Thailand for “Free”
- The Thai Legal System: A Primer for Expats and Tourists
- Opening a Thai Bank Account: A Guide for Expats and Tourists
- TransferWise Borderless Account: the In-Depth Review
- How to Get a Thai Driving License: Documents, Tests, and Renewals
- Shipping From Thailand: Procedure, Costs, and Customs
- Moving to Thailand With a Dog or Cat: A Quick Guide
- An In-Depth Guide to Thailand Visas: Applications, Requirements, and Extensions
- Flights Within Thailand: A Guide to Airlines and Cheap Tickets
- Renting a Car in Thailand: What You Need to Know
If you want to read more than just our tourist articles, you can find our full list of guides on this page.