Domnick Dumais is taking a more colorful route through life than most people. From starting ice skating at age 2, things took a turn for the more extreme when he got stabbed at age 12, before becoming a TV-featured, teenage pro-wrestler. And that was just the start of it.
This episode of Brewed in Bangkok is a co-production between Karsten and Dom. It’s not only episode 4 of this podcast, but also episode 21 of Dom’s podcast.
- Dom started ice skating (00:25)
- Karate, the mistake of mysticism, origins and distinctions (3:20)
- Getting into fights (7:50)
- Getting stabbed (10:25)
- Street fighting (13:15)
- Becoming a radio show host in high school (15:15)
- Teenage pro-wrestling (17:20)
- Joining the Navy (22:28)
- Learning the tricks of door-to-door vacuum salesmen (26:30)
- Fantasy discussions and amputations (34:40)
- Martial arts in Thailand (39:45)
- Dom Dumais in Bangkok, Domnick’s website and podcast
- Role Playing Games, Dom’s podcast episode about role playing games
Did you enjoy this episode? Looking for more? Take a look at my interview with the well-known photojournalist Nick Nostitz.