1040 Abroad

Are you an expat who’s tired of struggling with US taxes?

As US citizens we’ve all been there. The new year rolls around and tax season approaches, and we wish–just once–that there was an easy way to handle all the paperwork and filing from Thailand. It gets so frustrating that we give thought to not filing at all. “Who cares, anyway? I live in Thailand. Could I really get in trouble for not filing my taxes?”

You’re dead right you could. If you decide to skip filing taxes for even one year you could face some hefty penalties–one of them being the revocation or denial to renew your US passport.

But let’s not forget, taxes are a complicated matter. Although each of us file federal taxes, state taxes are filed differently depending on which state we last lived in. I could go on-and-on about foreign-earned income exclusions, totalization agreements, social security taxes, 1040s, and more. And how about tax write-offs? How will you know you’re getting the most back on your return if you’re not familiar with the process?

To put it another way, do you really want to do your own taxes or risk hiring someone who doesn’t know a lick about the United States and Thailand Tax Treaty? I didn’t think so.

So here’s what I suggest. It’s better to get tax help from a trusted tax service. They’ll prepare and file all of your taxes and make sure you get the most on your next tax return. But with a list of online choices, how do you know which tax service to use?

It’s simple. Use 1040 Abroad. Here’s what one of our readers had to say.

I sent them to him and he took it from there. Ever since then I rely on Olivier every year to keep me in compliance. I receive updates on new rules and regs on a regular basis from Olivier. I feel very comfortable using his service and will continue to do so. Olivier provides excellent service and is very easy to work with. Keep up the good work Olivier.” – Terry Dinger

1040 Abroad helps US citizens living abroad just like you. Founded and managed by a US expat, 1040 Abroad can help you with:

  • Federal tax return preparation and filing
  • State tax return preparation and filing
  • Late tax returns from prior years
  • Free extension filing
  • FBAR filing (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts)
  • FATCA reporting
  • Streamlined compliance package
  • Tax consulting and advice
  • Canadian tax returns
  • Renouncing US citizenship

Are you ready to free yourself from the burdens of tax season? Go ahead. Fill in the form below to get help from 1040 Abroad.

About 1040 Abroad

1040 Abroad is a tax law firm created specially for U.S. expats who are living and working overseas. The company provides complete taxation services to expats, digital nomads, or Americans who are living abroad.

1040 Abroad consists of a team of professional accountants that will work closely to guide you through all tax processes. Tax solutions provided by 1040 Abroad will be tailored based on your specific needs and situations with an aim to let you live abroad freely without any tax hassle.

1040 Abroad was founded by Olivier Wagner, a U.S. citizen who has over 10 years experience in U.S. taxes. Before creating the firm, Oliver worked for Corporate Finance in New York and had been sharing the intricacies of U.S. tax code on his blog that was highly praised by experts in the field.

What Other Readers Say

Mr. Wagner has prepared for us some very complicated forms required by the IRS. He is prompt, efficient, extremely knowledgeable, and a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring an experienced and professional tax preparer.” – Marilyn Ginsburg

Being an Expat and living in Canada since 1966 I only became concerned about my obligations to file a US tax return when I read several news articles in early 2012 about the possible penalties for not filing.

I didn’t have a clue what to do and of course was concerned. I searched the web and found Olivier’s site. I contacted him and told him my story. He told me what docs he needed to get me on track.