Luma Health provides some really good coverage health insurance options for expats and locals in Thailand. In our opinion, the Asia Care Plus health insurance plan they offer is one of the best value-for-your-money plans currently on the market.
About Asia Care Plus
Here’s what sets Asia Care Plus apart from other plans:
- You can pay locally in Thai Baht, while taking advantage of coverage limits on par with international insurance plans–that’s 32 million Thai Baht.
- You may choose to receive treatment in several countries in Europe, including Germany. I don’t mean while you’re on vacation and have an accident. You can actually go there for treatment. It’s an awesome feature if you frequently visit the participating countries.
- You can walk into one of the many hospitals (including top tier ones like Bumrungrad) and show your card. The hospital will settle your bill directly with the insurance company and you don’t have to pay a cent.
- All plans come with a full coverage on IPD, cancer, and medical evacuation, as long as it is within the annual limit of 32 million Thai baht. This makes it a good deal since other insurance plans come with specific limits on each IPD coverage.
- You can choose to only use the plan for IPD. This means the insurance only covers your expenses when you are admitted to the hospital. It’s particularly useful if you have a serious illness or injury and need access to the best hospitals.
Their Asia Care Plus comes with four plans. Here’s a short summary of each plan:
Plan 1: Full coverage for IPD and Cancer, 31,670 baht per year*.
Plan 2: All benefits from plan 1 with OPD coverage at 32,000 Thai baht limits, 54,051 baht per year*.
Plan 3: All benefits from plan 2 with an significant increase on the OPD limit to 192,000 baht. It also includes a routine health check up. Rate is 61,113 baht per year*.
Plan 4: All benefits from plan 3 with extra coverage on vision care, dental, and maternity benefits, 81,756 baht per year*.
*The example premiums are for a 39-year-old male.
Get a Personalized Quote
If you’re 69 years old or younger, and you’re interested in applying for health insurance with Luma Health, enter your details on this page. You will be connected to an official agent from Luma Health who can then help you out. They can provide you not only with a quote, but also answer any additional questions you have.
About Luma Health
Luma Health offer various insurance packages, from individual and family plans, to SME and large corporate plans. There are some benefits that Luma offers that you’ll rarely find.
Unlike a lot of other international insurance companies, Luma Health has an internationally-staffed office in Thailand that helps their local customers. This means in addition to English, there are native German and French-speaking staff on hand that can speed up a lot of things like reimbursements or disputes.
They’ve partnered with over 2 million medical providers worldwide. Over 5,000 families and companies in Thailand are insured by Luma health.
Please note that we are not an insurance broker and can’t offer individualized advice. We can only connect you with people who we would consult in your situation, and who we found to be professional, knowledgeable, and ethical in their dealings with clients.
This said, it’s important to note that these providers sometimes provide us with financial incentive to refer new clients to them. This happens at no cost to you and helps us cover some of the expenses of running this website.
Please be aware that while we do our best to select the most suitable providers, we’re unable to provide any guarantees or accept any liability resulting from your interactions and transactions with our partners.