While there are independent condo builders out there, the majority of condos are built and run by several key players under different brands.
Condos developed by Pruksa are cheaper compared to other developers but the quality of material is a concern. Many people report having problems after buying a Pruksa condo.
Sansiri has a unique style. The brand is famous among expats for renting and leasing. They also have their own marketing team especially for these purposes.
Condos from Ideo and Noble are usually located right next to the MRT and BTS. But the quality of each project varies.
LPN condos are reasonably priced, built well, and have reliable management. Their after-sale service is also good.
SC Asset and Land and House are more expensive than other developers. But their quality, materials, and services are also better.
The condos built by these companies fall into the low- to mid-range price brackets. In terms of design, they pretty much stick to their own patterns. Lumpini condos in two different locations are almost identical.
If you’re looking at the high-end market, there are condos offered by leading hotels such as St Regis and Ritz-Carlton.
These condos come in many variations and sizes. For example, the Ritz-Carlton has five bedroom penthouses available for around $10 million.
Below is an overview of major condo developers in Thailand.
Condos developed by Pruksa are cheaper compared to other developers but the quality of material is a concern.
Many people report having problems after buying a Pruksa condo. Pruksa have many management teams and each team is totally different in terms of quality.
- There are a lot of Pruksa condos in many locations throughout Bangkok
- Questionable building material
Sansiri’s prices are in the middle- to upper-middle range. Room specs are better than other developers in the same price range, such as raising floor levels above condo hallways to prevent water from leaking in if there was ever a water leak from another room. Some condos may even have hot water at sinks.
Condos from Sansiri aren’t usually connected to the BTS or MRT. You need to walk a few minutes to get to them.
- Good design and facilities, including lounge, recreational area, swimming pool, and gym
- Location isn’t good compared to other developers in the same price range
LPN price is in the middle- to upper-middle range. Condos from LPN tend to be a bit far from the BTS and MRT. But they are located in a community area making it a great choice for living.
- Good management teams that maintain their buildings for a long time
- Good administrative office that’s willing to solve problems, even in the after-sales process
- Small central area with less facilities than other developers
AP prices are in the upper-middle range. Their prices are higher than other developers in the same range but compensate with good location and facilities. Their design and materials are also great.
- Good location and some projects are connected directly to the BTS
- Facilities and designs are better than other developers in the same price rage
- Room specs are lower than other developers; for example, hallway areas are on the same level as room floors, allowing dust and water to easily enter the condos
The best part about Ananda is their location. Most of their projects are very close to the BTS.
They are one of the few developers that can make the building look better than the CG model design from CG.
But their facilities and room specs aren’t that good compared to other developers in the same price range.
- Great location
- Good exterior and interior building design
- Lower room specs and facilities than other developers
Condos from Noble are usually located right next to the MRT and BTS and are reasonably priced.
Their provided facilities and room specs are also acceptable, making them a good choice for investing and renting. However, the quality of each project varies.
- Great location
- Good for investment
- Different quality between each projects
Land and House
Although condos from Land and House are quite expensive in average locations, their building materials and specs are better than other developers in the same segment.
You get what you pay for. This makes Land and House a good choice for those who want to buy a condo to live in.
- Building materials and room specs
- Strong branding
- Normal design and facilities
SC Asset is similar to Land and House. They are higher priced than average condos but come with good building materials, room specs, and services.
The brand itself is more focused on town homes and home offices, making their condos only available in certain locations.
- Building materials, room specs, and services
- Good choices for living
- Design and decoration are still old-fashioned
In short, here’s which condos you should check out for your specific needs.
- Low- to mid-price: LPN
- High-end: SC Asset, Land & House
- Luxurious: St Regis and Ritz-Carlton
- Renting and leasing: Sansiri
- Selling in the future: Sansiri, AP, Ideo, Noble